How is it calculated?

Answer the questions below to find out approximately how much you contribute. You will need your council rates notice to answer some of the questions.

1. What region are you in?

This map is provided as a guide to assist you to identify whether your property is located in an area serviced by the MFB or the CFA.

Separate levies remain in MFB and CFA areas in recognition of the different costs associated with funding each service.

Fire Service Levy Map


Choose the region that you are in:


2. Which financial year?

3. What's your classification code?

Classification code (From rates notice)
Where multiple parcels of farm land are used to operate a single farming enterprise (SFE), a person may only be required to pay the fixed charge component of the levy once by applying for the SFE exemption. To be eligible for the SFE exemption, a person must own or occupy multiple parcels of farm land, all of which are farmed as a single enterprise. If you think you may be eligible, please contact the council in which your farm land is located and request a SFE application form.

4. What's your Capital Improved Value?

Capital Improved Value (From rates notice) This is a required field. It needs to be a valid number. Eg. 500000

5. Do you have a Pensioner Concession Card or Department of Veteran Affairs (TPI) gold card and is this property your primary place of residence?


Based on your calculations, you should be paying approximately:

$0.00 per annum